While Choosing The Tyre that best suits your vehicle and needs! Three points to consider:
* The Tyre size
* The weather
* Conditions of Use
* The Tyre size
- Change the Tyre size!
Wider Tyres increase your area contact with soil, and therefore your grip. The consequences: greater precision steering and better handling on dry surfaces. A set of Tyres with low profile sidewalls reduced, although highly aesthetic, induces conduct generally lasts less able to absorb the bumps of the road. Braking and engine performance such as fuel consumption may be affected. For your safety, keep as much as possible the original diameter of your Tyres. If you want to change the size of your Tyres, consult a professional to do it safely.
- Tyres and driving 4x4
Vehicle 4x4, we recommend mounting four identical Tyres (size, sculpture, brand, load index and speed). The exception is possible between the front and rear Tyres only when authorized by the vehicle manufacturer. recommends that you always follow the manufacturer's recommendations.
* Climatic conditions
Your Tyres will face all kinds of weather conditions: rain, wind, fog, snow, ice, with consequences on their performance. In addition, your driving style will adapt to the weather. Before any long trip, check the status of your vehicle and your Tyres.
* Riding on wet
Rain, snow, fog, sleet ... you can not under such conditions as dry weather ride. For your safety, adjust your driving style.
On wet, used tyres need a greater braking distance. Moreover, the rain reduces your visibility and increases the risk of aquaplaning. Patches of oil may result in slippery and even more so if the rain comes after a long drought.
* Driving on dry roads
You can drive safely on dry roads. But pay attention to any other hazards on the road: gravel, holes or puddles ... Your vehicle may suddenly lose traction. Therefore, if dry roads are less risky than wet roads, here are some tips to keep your Tyres in top condition:
• Check the pressure of your Tyres regularly, at least once a month.
• Choose the Tyre that suits your needs - if in doubt, use our Tyre selector.
• Control your speed - do not exceed any speed limits and keep a safe distance from the vehicle ahead.
• Use caution when driving at night - particularly careful because your visibility is then lower.
As your Tyres are the only contact point between the road and your vehicle, they are fundamental in several respects: handling, comfort, braking distances and fuel consumption. It will choose the characteristics of your Tyres according to your conditions.
* City driving
Driving in city or urban demand will be especially vigilant. In this case, better to check your tyres at least once a month. Under-inflated Tyres increase your stopping distance and fuel consumption. Do not forget to also check the pressure of the spare wheel. Here are the characteristics of Tyres designed for city driving:
• Braking distance: use tyres that offer the shortest stopping distance on dry as well as wet.
• Longevity: Frequent stops and accelerations are part of city driving ... In against part, they require a lot of tyre. Prefer tyres with high wear resistance.
• Fuel Economy: Tyres with low rolling resistance save fuel.
• Tyre Pressure: Check tyre pressure at least once a month. Under-inflated tyres increase stopping distance and fuel consumption. Remember to check the pressure of the spare wheel.
* Driving on motorways
Your handling highly depends on your tyres, especially at high speed. They allow your vehicle to keep its trajectory. Selection criteria of your tyres:
• Braking distance at high speed: For maximum security, select the tyres that provide the stopping distance as short as on dry and wet roads.
• Comfort: For long trips, choose tyres that offer the highest quality of comfort in terms of vibration and noise.
• Handling: Prefer the rubber meets the maximum traction and stability.
* Sports Cars
If you enjoy driving in a sporting way, your tyres need to maintain the handling of your vehicle at high speed - in compliance with traffic laws or rules of conduct on a circuit. Criteria for selection of tyres:
• Adhesion: opt for a tyre with performance on wet and dry roads are excellent.
• Handling: choose tyres which will offer you an excellent steering precision and excellent cornering stability.